Oops, I seem to have accidentally signed up for another thing.
Also... art! I stumbled across eternalsojourn
's Procreation Celebration Fest
and had to join in, so I drew this quick little thing yesterday. I should point out that it's not that I didn't even think
about drawing something with a little less fluff and a little more kink, it's that my parents are visiting this weekend and I'm not sure I have it in me to explain what mpreg is to them.( Inception: Mal and James )
My WIP list, to keep track of things:
1. Eagle Reverse Bang 1: Marcus, Esca and hungry dinosaurs.
2. Eagle Reverse Bang 2: Uncle Aquila and his painted tribesman boyfriend.
3. Arthur and Eames as Roman soldiers.*
4. Wild West/Red Dead Redemption-inspired Marcus, Esca and Cottia
And stuff that I want to draw whenever I have the time (and if I don't get distracted by other shiny things):
1. Bane, Ra's al Ghul and Talia. Doing what, I don't know, but there should be League of Shadows ninja outfits somewhere,
2. Something where Arthur and Eames are doing a bit more than looking at each other with several feet of distance between them. THERE COULD BE TOUCHING. Clothed touching, because apparantly I turn into a massive blushing prude the moment Photoshop opens.
3. That Downton Abbey/Eagle illustration that's been on the backburner for aaages.
4. Young Uncle Aquila and Claudius Hieronimianus in Judea. Am seriously considering rewatching Monty Python's Life of Brian as research for the background.
* Oh god, this painting, argh. Every year or so I feel the urge to prove to myself/the world that I can paint something massive and epic, and convince myself that it wil be a masterpiece that everyone will adore. And inevitably... it ends up a spectacular demonstration of all the things I am hopelessly weak at. I think this is one of those ones. So far it's not falling to pieces yet and I'm kinda proud of it (there are shiny things! Eames looks pretty good!
), but there's still plenty of time for it to go horribly wrong. And I have discovered that Leonardo DiCaprio is not so easy to draw when you're trying to make him a horse.
Also, I doubt very much that the Inception fandom will give a shit about it, because it's not so much Arthur/Eames art as my long-winded, rambling love letter to Roman armour (oh lorica segmentata
, let me rub myself all over your sexy, delight-to-paint shinyness. I like you so much more than chestplates and lorica hamata
). However, it's making me look back at that Eagle Army AU painting that I did last year (not something I've posted yet) and all I can see now is how bad that older piece is now I've improved my technique a little, and maybe I should try redoing it even though the last time I had to paint the chainmail 4 times to the soundtrack of my tears dripping onto the tablet... this totally isn't going to end up with me punching my computer, right?